Friday, May 30, 2014

Miracle mixture

There's nothing better than spending your Friday cleaning house! ...just kidding. There's plenty I would like to be doing but let's face it, as a queen procrastinator it's the end of the week and I've yet to do anything around the house. Housewife fail. This whole week has been off balance due to the holiday weekend. Now I'm stuck here looking at the mess I've gotten myself into and shrugging my shoulders.

I would like to go ahead and brag a little about my accomplishments though. It's not even 11:00am and I've already folded two loads of laundry, have a third in the dryer and a forth in the washer. I've unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded it with the pile of dishes in the sink that has accumulated over my lazy week. I've also cleaned my toilet that was long overdue and thanks to Pinterest and all it's goodness my toilet now sparkles!






I'm sure you've seen it a million times. Even if you haven't searched for cleaning remedies on Pinterest you will come by a pin revolving around the miracle cleaner. The Dawn soap + vinegar remedy. And that pin is just one of many you can come by! Last week I decided to give it a go. If some many people are pinning and praising the power couple then it must be something, right? Oh most definitely. First I mixed the combo in a spray bottle and I decided to go around the house testing out the different theories that I had come by.

vinyl siding cleaner: I sprayed the mixture on and didn't even let sit and just wiped with a plain ol rag. It immediately removed the last two years of dirt build up and the color of my siding was instantly restored! I only tried it on one spot so when I do the whole house I'll provide before and after photos.

shower: if there's one place I had to pick in the house that I HATE cleaning most the shower takes the bait by a long shot. I've always hated it. Soap scum and I are not friends, we are enemies and the whole task at hand makes me want to sit in the floor and pout like a toddler who just got told "no" to cookies. Oh friend! Not anymore. Obviously I still do not take delight in cleaning the shower but this has made it a lot easier! I've seen several ways to do it. Steam up the shower, spray on, let sit, wipe clean. Spray and wipe, which I could only assume that this is for a shower that is kept clean daily. And also to put the mixture in a dish wand that can dispense it as you please and scrub scrub scrub. I personally combined a couple of methods. I sprayed the mixture and let sit for 10-15 minutes. I then took the dish wand and scrubbed. I use the term 'scrub' lightly here because there wasn't a vigorous amount of scrubbing that had to take place. I was SHOCKED at how easy my shower became clean! Now I just leave the dish wand in the shower so when it needs a little spot cleaning it's readily available! Best part: it's cheap and it requires minimal cleaning products.

toilet: well this is simple. I just sprayed it on and let it sit long enough for me to go down the hall to the other bathroom to retrieve my toilet bowl brush. I returned and pretty much just did a quick go around the bowl and wahlah! Sparkly. I did however spray the lid, seat, and the awkward spot between the lid and the tank and just wiped it down with a rag.

I love that the dawn soap and vinegar doesnt have a harsh cleaning chemical smell. I don't have to feel like I'm going to get cancer from inhaling the fumes because there aren't any! That my friend is a breath of fresh air! There's lots more uses for the miracle mixture but I haven't tried them out yet.

Now, off to try to do something about this house!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment