Thursday, May 22, 2014

Background check

So who's behind Simply Southern? Well let me just tell you!

My name is Haley! I currently live in Clarksville, TN with my amazing husband Kyle and our two furbabies Koby- our Bichon poodle mix and Sophie-our sweet schnauzer. I'm originally from Hendersonville, TN (right outside of Nashville) and I moved to Clarksville in 2006. I graduated high school in 2007 and then headed to college at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga. I completed two years and then my sister had my nephew, Jacob, in 2009 so I moved back home to be closer to the new addition. My original plan was to work my sisters maternity leave at my dads barbecue business and then return to college that spring. However God led me in a completely different direction! I became the manager and ran my own store until February 2014. Meanwhile...
December 2010- I met my husband, Kyle.
April 2012- we purchased a house together. The same month we added two fur kids to our mix.
September 9, 2012- Kyle asked me to marry him. ...I said yes.
May 4, 2013 we said "I do!"
February 22, 2014 I officially quit my job and closed down my location of the two BBQ locations that my dad owns and I became a stay at home wife. God kept tugging me in so many ways to leave my job. At first I thought that it was to start another career or maybe return to school. After applying to a multitude of jobs Kyle and I decided that it would be best for our family for me to stay home.

And the rest has yet to be written.
Random things about me:

I am the BIGGEST mamas girl you will ever meet. I love my mama and she is and always will be my best friend! One day I pray I can me half the mom that she has been to me.

I have always been a crafty and artistic person and I finally have time to put my gifts from God to use. I love taking cheap old, and quite ugly, finds and making them into something functional/beautiful.

I was raised in a Christian household and though I went stray from my faith for a period of time in my younger years i have found my way back into my heavenly fathers arms. I am so thankful to have such a forgiving God that continues to bless me every single day. I am a sinner saved by His grace and unconditional love and for that I couldn't be more thankful!

I was always single through college and though I didn't mind, apparently my friends did. They set me up on a free dating website and after returning to Clarksville I logged on to deactivate my account and just so happened to check out my "top match". Long story short (which one day I will write an actual post just for this story on my timeline) I ended up marrying my top match :)

Why Simply Southern? Because I LOVE all things southern! Campfires, mudding, back roads, Dixie horns, guns, fireflies, sweet tea, pearls, cowboy boots, country music, flannel, ripped jeans, and of course a good ol country boy who loves his mama!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment