Sunday, June 22, 2014

Repurposed Chandelier

Yesterday morning I had to get a move on things cause Koby had an appointment with the groomers on the other side of town. Unlike most appointments it was only an appointment for Koby, not Sophie, because with his poodle blood comes poodle maintenance.


I'm pretty sure he's smiling here. His ears were a little messed up from the air vents blowing on him but he was definitely feeling sassy.

Since I was on that side of town I decided to stop by Habitat for Humanity's Restore. If you have a H4H in your town but not a H4H Restore seriously contact them and ask them to put one in your town. If enough interest is shown they may do it! It's like a Goodwill (thrift store) but it's more for house stuff. When people remodel homes or have excess tile, carpeting, etc it all comes here. Anyways since I'm not getting paid to brag about their amazingness and I could go on and on about my love for this place, I'll move on to the subject at hand.



I've been trying to tone down my thrifting lately because I've been needing to have a garage sale of stuff I no longer use/need/want and I want to clean out not pile up. So though I passed up some incredibly cheap floating shelves I did, however, purchase a hideous gold chandelier. Which I seriously need to get better about taking before and after pictures.


I first removed the glass sconces and removed the light bulb attachment so I could have more room for soil. I then placed the sconces back and added a pinch of dirt.




I then added a shake or two of Osmocote, which you can purchase online, Walmart, or Lowes. I swear by this stuff because it feeds your plants for 4 months and it always makes plants grow wonderfully.

I then planted my asparagus ferns and finished them off with soil. Lowes had actually put a ton of their ferns on clearance for only $1.00 making this project, not including soil or food, only $15.00!! I am so happy with the way it turned out.

Have you repurposed something for your garden?
xoxo Haley



No comments:

Post a Comment